Saturday, November 06, 2010

The Anthropologie in Real Estate

 This is a test.


Rorschach Card 1


It is intended to be like the Rorschach inkblot test. Remember that from Psych 101?





I am asking that you look at the following five spreads from the new Anthropologie catalog. You may look at each spread as long as you like. 





Print it,





rotate it, 





look at it however you wish!





What do you see?



What do you see?





What do you see?





What do you see?
 





What do you see?





Did you see what I saw? The paper doll cat dressed in Victorian clothes wearing a bonnet? (Because I love cats and old stuff, I cut this out of the real catalog and put it on my fridge!) Did you see the black-and-white spotted llama? Did you see the owl? The cat wearing a dog sweater?

I thought this catalog was so creative. But, I missed the clothes! I missed the boots on the sheep. I missed the Christmas ornaments hanging from the white parrot's beak. And I missed the feather-boa pillows under the Papillion.

I bring this up because Anthropologie is only trying to do what home sellers everywhere are trying to do: move product. If you can't see the product, it makes it quite a bit harder to sell.

Eliminating clutter is so important in getting a house ready to sell. If you are selling, remember that buyers are there to look at the house, not your wedding photos, your kid's honor roll ribbons or your rare collection of ostrich eggs. For a quicker sale, clean out 2/3 of your belongings. You will be amazed at the difference it will make!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely saw the Papillion and thought about going to get Louis a sister! I cut it out, like you did with the cats. I cannot recall the clothes from the issue - only the animals! Cool assignment!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails