Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Welcome, Fall!

If you've been following my blog, you'll know what I mean when I say: Today should be the day that I pop in You've Got Mail and get excited for the new season. (Interested? Click here.) You might also know what I mean when I say: Today, summer is officially-officially over. At the exact moment this entry posts, fall will have begun : September 22, 2009, 5:18 pm EDT.

So, below, find 10 things for you to do in and around your home this fall:

1. Rake the leaves.
2. Clean gutters and drains; be sure downspouts direct water away from your home's foundation.
3. Have your HVAC system serviced.
4. Clean and vacuum dust from any vents or return air grilles.
5. Attend a football game.
6. Caulk exterior joints around windows and doors; add weatherstripping where you can see daylight from inside your home.
7. Carve a pumpkin.
8. Get your chimney inspected and cleaned by a chimney sweep.
9. Check chimney and outdoor electrical fixtures for bird nests needing to be removed.
10. Enjoy the cooler weather!

Should you need names of technicians to do any of these jobs, send me an email at emilyc@johndaugherty.com. Most importantly, have a wonderful fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails